This stuff is important. We’ll try and keep it as simple as possible.
“We” and “us” refers to eleven36 media limited, trading as Cranked. You can find our full company details and contact information here. We take your data privacy seriously and comply with all relevant legislation. If you have any questions, please drop us a line
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and make use of the following information:
- Information that you provide to us during the course of making a purchase including your name, address, phone number, email and payment information.
- Any other information that you may choose to send us, including signing up voluntarily to our email marketing list or taking part in a marketing or feedback survey.
What do we use this information for?
We use the information we collect for three main purposes:
- In the case of cookies, to make your use of our website easier.
- For marketing communications, provided you have given us permission to do so (you will be asked whether you want to opt in when you make a purchase). Marketing communications may include news of the publication of a new issue, special offers, events that we’re attending, or to obtain feedback from you.
- In order to communicate about a purchase you’ve made, including order confirmations, notice of failed payments, or to try to resolve a problem that either we or you have identified.
Who do we share your information with?
In order to provide you with a good service, it’s necessary for us to share some of the information we collect with various third parties. We do so in a secure manner using current best practice.
- We pass on payment information, name and address and other information like phone number and email address to the payment gateways that we use. For card payments we use Stripe. For all other payments we use PayPal.
- Your other details including name, address, email address, phone number and purchase history is stored by our e-commerce platform WooCommerce.
- In order to ship your purchased products to you, we supply your name, address, email address and information about your purchased products to our fulfilment partner, Newsstand.
- If you sign up to our marketing email list, your name and email contact information will be stored by Mailchimp.
- If you take part in a marketing or feedback survey, your responses will be anonymous. We will let you know at the time of the survey which online survey platform we’re using. If we ask for your email address during the course of the survey, it will only be for the purpose of contacting you to inform you of a prize draw win or to follow up on a specific issue, complaint or problem that you raised during the survey. Survey results are used to help us better understand our customers. Partial, anonymised survey results may be used to describe our customer demographics to existing and potential advertisers but in no case will individual responses be revealed to any third parties.
How long will we store your data?
- In the case of purchase data, we are required to maintain records consistent with our legal obligations as a limited company registered in England and Wales.
- In the case of our optional email marketing list, we will keep your details until you ask to be removed from the list. Every marketing email we send has a link to opt out in the footer.
You have various rights under the General Date Protection Regulation (GDPR). You can find out more about these here.
Questions or complaints?
You can contact us anytime. We’re always happy to hear from you and will do our best to resolve any issues in compliance with the law and in a timely, appropriate and courteous manner.