Cranked #15 takes a sideways look at riding bikes off-road. Because, after all, it’s not what you’ve got, it’s what you do with it. From a solo peak-bagging British Columbian rider to a thrash around a classic British route on a //cough// arguably thoroughly unsuitable bike, this is an issue that tackles the difficult questions head-on. What are we riding over, and does it matter? What’s it like to look after a downhill race team for a day? How does an aspiring pro turn a career-ending injury into a new riding chapter? What’s brewing in a farmhouse outbuilding on the edge of the North York Moors? And is the answer to a headline ending in a question mark ever ‘yes’? (spoiler alert: no). The answers to these and many more profoundly unimportant but strangely compelling questions can be found inside:
• Mullett – so many mountains, so little time
• Come the Revolution – turning Welsh mountains into riding gold
• More rooted than rad – dirt jumpers don’t grow old, they just start families
• Spray it! – airbrush artistry for perfectionists and heroes
• Appropriate tool – rocking up to a gunfight with a multitool and a spoke key
We can’t wash your muddy bike or unclog your washing machine for you. But we can promise you a rollicking good read to make the long winter nights more bearable.