Cranked #16 lifts a lid on some of the hidden corners of mountain biking. How do the Red Bull Rampage riders pick their lines? We go behind the scenes in Utah for 10 days to find out. Who is the world’s most experienced bike reviewer? We meet him and pick his brains. What’s the next big thing in big mountain riding? Our British Columbia correspondents think they know the answer. Plus a bikepacking trip like no other, turning crud into gold, why mountain bike photography is a great big lie, and much more.
• Bikepacking Purcell – redefining a nice ride in the country
• This (Canadian) Girl Can – can-do Canucks
• Mister Crud – where there’s crud there’s brass
• Dreams, Lies & Propaganda – 1000 lies and the reasons why
• Rampage builders – drawing a line in the sand
For us northern hemisphere riders the days are getting longer. So go. Get out. Ride. We’ll see you out there…