Cranked #17 is our ‘we really didn’t mean to run a Scottish theme, but that’s kinda the way it’s turned out’ issue. So we’ve a first-hand account of an epic Tweed Valley ride that didn’t quite go according to plan, an interview with the Scottish mountain biking couple who are busy giving the finger to MS (as well as running amazing trips), and an inside look at why Inverness is on its way to becoming a riding hotspot. Plus bikepacking the Dolomites, the real reason the Malverns festival is back, why a promising young downhiller turned her back on the World Cup, an interview with the man behind the voice behind nearly 50 World Cup commentaries and the usual mix of insightful and irreverent commentary. It’s essential reading to get you in the mood for riding…
• Manon Off – Redefining a love of rocks
• Listless – buckets are over-rated
• Type 2 Pleasure – a history of fear on the edge
• Dan Jarvis – World Cup commentary, live and direct
• Burnin’ that Gasoline – carbon footprint? What carbon footprint?
The sun’s shining, the trails are dry and the inbox can wait. See you out there…