Cranked #18 puts a prism in front of the white light of modern mountain biking and displays the full spectrum in 138 pages of insight, commentary and analysis. Bike test guru Guy Kesteven has put together an ‘everything you ever wanted to know about suspension but were afraid to ask’ feature, which cuts through the hype and myths and gives you the info you need to set up your bike better than ever. Mattias Fredriksson has the inside story on how Aosta became a mountain bike mecca to the east of Mont Blanc. Joolze Dymond sees past the mountain bikers’ uniform of baggy shorts to find out what riders do when they’re not shredding the gnar. Plus Brayton’s downtime, two very different insider’s views of the Tour Divide, naked bikes and a very English version of enduro….
- Fully Sussed – the tao of boing
- Inside the Bubble – the slightly surreal world of the Tour Divide
- Kes – Brayton’s piscine downtime
- Aosta – Italian trail perfection
- Failing and falling – the rights and wrongs of crashing
Summer holiday reading, sorted.